Restorative Justice Implementation Training Cohort
- Learn all the components needed to design, implement & operate a successful Restorative Justice Program (adult or juvenile, pre-diversion, diversion or court ordered).
- From working with victims to training volunteers, this training will cover all the necessary philosophical, paperwork, process, development & design resources needed for launching, evaluating and delivering a Restorative Justice Program.
- Included in the training will be resources and links to recommended videos, books, websites, podcasts, articles and other supportive materials.
- Training provided by Kris Miner, who successfully led a Restorative Justice program from concept to sustainability. Kris has over 20 years of Restorative Justice experience from simple to serious crime cases and from preschool to prison work experience.
- Virtually delivered via Zoom. Two-days per month, each 8-hour training days. Training days will be 8 am – Noon & 1 pm – 5 pm CST. The first day of the month will focus on program development, the 2nd day will be pre-recorded and an offering of resources. Only one day a month is required to attend. Participation will be limited to 20 locations.
- Only 20 locations will be provided this opportunity for program design, development and implementation. Each site will be encouraged to attend as a team (up to 5). Not all team members need to attend every training. Your team should include: 1) lead staff 2) Court Representative 3) Victim Advocate 4) Law Enforcement 5) Community/Volunteer Coordinator.
- In addition to 96 hours of training, each site will be offered 6 hours (one per month) of individualized coaching support. This will provide an opportunity to address individual challenge unique to each location. Specialized trouble-shooting and comprehensive development guidance will be provided. This is a total of 102 hours of professional development.
- The training dates will begin in January 2021, anticipated to be delivered the first Thursday & third Friday. The first Thursday will be the live zoom training and the third Friday will be the recorded resources sessions.